Glasgow, University of
Glasgow, University of, at Glasgow, Scotland; founded 1451. Its charter provided for studies in theology, canon and civil law, arts, and "any other lawful faculty." Today it has faculties of arts, science, social sciences, medicine, veterinary medicine, law and financial studies, divinity, and engineering. It operates the University Marine Biological Station, on the Isle of Cumbrae, with the Univ. of London.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on University of Glasgow from Fact Monster:
- University of Strathclyde - Strathclyde, University of Strathclyde, University of, at Glasgow, Scotland; founded 1796 as ...
- Sir James George Frazer - Frazer, Sir James George Frazer, Sir James George, 1854–1941, Scottish classicist and ...
- Richard Dobbs SPAIGHT - SPAIGHT, Richard Dobbs (1758—1802) SPAIGHT, Richard Dobbs, (father of Richard Dobbs Spaight, ...
- James Watt - Biography of James Watt, Improver -- not inventor -- of the steam engine
- James Wilson, American jurist - Wilson, James Wilson, James, 1742–98, American jurist, signer of the Declaration of ...