Gomorrah or Gomorrha (both: gəmôrˈə, –mŏrˈə) [key], in the Bible, city, destroyed with Sodom. Some have speculated that the ruins southeast of the Dead Sea at Numeira, discovered in 1973, may be those of the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Gomorrah from Fact Monster:
- Birsha - Birsha Birsha , in the Bible, king of Gomorrah.
- Sodom - Sodom Sodom or Sodoma, in the Bible, the principal of the Cities of the Plain (the others being ...
- Dead Sea - Dead Sea Dead Sea, salt lake, c.390 sq mi (1,010 sq km), extending c.45 mi (70 km) in the Jordan ...
- Robert H. Bork - Biography of Robert H. Bork, President Reagan's rejected Supreme Court pick
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.