Hor, in the Bible, unlocated mountain, on the boundary of Edom, the place of Aaron's death. It was traditionally identified with Jabal Harun, a mountain in SW Jordan, but it does not correspond with the biblical description.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Hor from Fact Monster:
- Hor-hagidgad - Hor-hagidgad Hor-hagidgad , in the Bible, wilderness camp of the Israelites. The camping place ...
- Gudgodah - Gudgodah Gudgodah , in the Bible, desert camping place of the Israelites: see Hor-hagidgad.
- Seir - Seir Seir . 1. Mountainous region, S Palestine, S of the Dead Sea. Mt. Hor is the highest point. ...
- Current Government Officials: Cambodia - World > Heads of State Info Cambodia Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments ...
- Aaron - Biography of Aaron, The brother of Moses who performed miracles with a rod