Horites (hōˈrĪts) [key], inhabitants of Seir, who were conquered and displaced by Edomite invaders in biblical times.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Horites from Fact Monster:
- Dishan - Dishan Dishan , in the Bible, son of Seir the Horite.
- Aran - Aran Aran , in the Bible, descendant of Seir the Horite.
- Zaavan - Zaavan Zaavan , in the Bible, grandson of Seir the Horite. It is also spelled Zavan.
- Ithran - Ithran Ithran , in the Bible. 1. Descendant of Asher. 2. Chief of the Horites.
- Nuzi - Nuzi Nuzi , site near Kirkuk, N Iraq. Thousands of clay tablets unearthed there bear inscriptions ...