Judea (jōdēˈə) [key]: see Judaea.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Judea from Fact Monster:
- Judaea - Judaea Judaea or Judea[Lat. from Judah], region, Greco-Roman name for S Palestine. It varied in ...
- Theudas - Theudas Theudas , leader of insurgents mentioned by Gamaliel, and probably to be identified with ...
- Joseph Nicéphore Niepce - Niepce, Joseph Nicéphore Niepce, Joseph Nicéphore , 1765–1833, French chemist ...
- Ruth - Biography of Ruth, Heroine of the biblical book named for her
- Herod - Biography of Herod, The Biblical king who ordered a mass slaughter of infants