lamb: see mutton; sheep.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on lamb from Fact Monster:
- mutton - mutton mutton, flesh of mature sheep prepared as food (as opposed to the flesh of young sheep, ...
- sheep - sheep sheep, common name for many species of wild and domesticated ruminant mammals of the genus ...
- Melbourne, William Lamb, 2d Viscount - Melbourne, William Lamb, 2d Viscount Melbourne, William Lamb, 2d Viscount , 1779–1848, ...
- William Lamb - Lamb, William: Lamb, William: see Melbourne, William Lamb, 2d Viscount.
- lamb's-quarters - lamb's-quarters: lamb's-quarters: see goosefoot.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Food and Cooking