Louisville, University of
Louisville, University of, at Louisville, Ky.; coeducational; founded 1798 as a seminary, became a college and merged in 1837 with the Medical Institute of the City of Louisville (chartered 1833). In 1846 it was reorganized and chartered as the Univ. of Louisville. There are graduate schools of business, engineering, law, and medicine.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on University of Louisville from Fact Monster:
- Maurice F. Rabb, Jr. - Maurice F. Rabb, Jr. Ophthalmologist Born: 8/7/1932 Birthplace: Kentucky Born in Kentucky, Maurice ...
- Christopher John DODD - DODD, Christopher John (1944—) Senate Years of Service: 1981- Party: Democrat DODD, ...
- Addison Mitchell (Mitch) McCONNELL - McCONNELL, Addison Mitchell (Mitch) (1942—) Senate Years of Service: 1985- Party: Republican ...
- Johnny Unitas - Biography of Johnny Unitas, Baltimore Colts quarterback, 1956-72
- Chris Dodd - Biography of Chris Dodd, Democratic senator from Connecticut, 1981-present
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Colleges, U.S.