Nebo (nēˈbō) [key], in the Bible. 1 Town of Moab, near Mt. Pisgah and S of Heshbon. 2 City of Judah of postexilic times. 3 Hebrew name for Babylonian god of knowledge, literature, and agriculture.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Nebo from Fact Monster:
- Mount Nebo - Nebo, Mount Nebo, Mount, 2,625 ft (800 m) high, N Jordan. In the Bible, Moses viewed the Promised ...
- Samgar-nebo - Samgar-nebo Samgar-nebo , in the Bible, Babylonian prince with Nebuchadnezzar at Jerusalem.
- Russellville - Russellville Russellville, city (1990 pop. 21,260), seat of Pope co., central Ark., in an area ...
- Encyclopedia: Middle Eastern Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Middle Eastern Physical Geography.
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.