North Texas, University of, at Denton, Tex.; coeducational; est. 1890 as Texas Normal College, became North Texas State Normal College in 1899, North Texas State Teachers College in 1923. In 1949 the school's name was changed to North Texas State College, in 1961 to North Texas State Univ., and in 1988 to the Univ. of North Texas. Its music library is one of the most comprehensive in the United States. The university consists of colleges of arts and sciences, business administration, and education as well as a graduate school and schools of home economics, library science, and music.