Paran (pāˈrăn) [key], desert, the eastern region of the Sinai peninsula. In accounts in the Bible, Ishmael settled there. It was also the Israelites' first resting place after their stay at Sinai, and the refuge of David when Samuel died.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Paran from Fact Monster:
- El-paran - El-paran El-paran , the same as Paran.
- Paraguay - Information on Paraguay — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Brazil - Learn about the history, geography and culture of Brazil and find statistical and demographic information.
- European Southern Observatory - European Southern Observatory European Southern Observatory (ESO), an intergovernmental ...
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.