Pax (păks) [key], in Roman religion, goddess of peace. Vespasian erected a temple to her at Rome. Her attributes were similar to those of the Greek Irene, the olive branch and the horn of plenty.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Pax from Fact Monster:
- What does it mean? majuscule - majuscule -- Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Which of the following phrases is ...
- Beja - Beja Beja , town (1991 pop. 20,005), S Portugal, capital of Beja dist. and Baixo Alentejo. It is an ...
- Shiloh Jolie-Pitt - Biography of Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, The Namibia-born daughter of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- Maso Finiguerra - Finiguerra, Maso or Tommaso Finiguerra, Maso or Tommaso , 1426–64, Florentine goldsmith and ...
- Vivienne Jolie-Pitt - Biography of Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, The twin daughter of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion