preserving: see canning.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on preserving from Fact Monster:
- canning - canning canning, process of hermetically sealing cooked food for future use. It is a preservation ...
- food preservation - food preservation food preservation, methods of preparing food so that it can be stored for future ...
- life preserver - life preserver life preserver, a personal flotation device (PFD) intended to keep the wearer ...
- Distinctive Destinations for 2009 - Find a list of 12 cities and towns across the United that are designated as distinctive places for Americans to visit by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- America's Most Endangered Places 2009 - Find a list of 11 historic sites across the country that are in danger of being lost forever.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Food and Cooking