priest, in Christianity: see orders, holy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on priest from Fact Monster:
- holy orders - orders, holy orders, holy [Lat. ordo,=rank], in Christianity, the traditional degrees of the ...
- James Percy PRIEST - PRIEST, James Percy (1900—1956) PRIEST, James Percy, a Representative from Tennessee; born in ...
- Philander Priestly Claxton - Claxton, Philander Priestly Claxton, Philander Priestly, 1862–1957, American educator, b. ...
- Habaiah - Habaiah Habaiah , in the Bible, priestly family.
- Gamul - Gamul Gamul , in the Bible, chief priest.