Saturnalia: see Saturn, in Roman religion.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Saturnalia from Fact Monster:
- Saturn, in Roman religion and mythology - Saturn Saturn, in Roman religion and mythology, god of harvests, later identified with the Greek ...
- Macrobius - Macrobius Macrobius , fl. c.430, Latin writer and philosopher. His Saturnalia, a dialogue in seven ...
- Bubastis - Bubastis Bubastis , ancient city, NE Egypt, in the Nile delta, near the modern Zagazig. Capital of ...
- Origins of the Christmas Holiday - How Christmas came to be
- Winter Solstice for Kids - Dec. 21, 2010, 6:38 PM EST (23:38 UT), marks the winter solstice
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion