Seir (sēˈər) [key]. 1 Mountainous region, S Palestine, S of the Dead Sea. Mt. Hor is the highest point. Seir is identical with Edom, which is mentioned frequently in the Bible as Mt. Seir. The eponym appears in the books of Genesis and First Chronicles. 2 In the Book of Joshua, mountain, at the border of Judah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Seir from Fact Monster:
- Dishon - Dishon Dishon , in the Bible. 1. Son of Seir. 2. Descendant of Seir.
- Dishan - Dishan Dishan , in the Bible, son of Seir the Horite.
- Aran - Aran Aran , in the Bible, descendant of Seir the Horite.
- Zaavan - Zaavan Zaavan , in the Bible, grandson of Seir the Horite. It is also spelled Zavan.
- Zibeon - Zibeon Zibeon , in the Bible. 1. Grandfather of Esau's wife Aholibamah. 2. Son of Seir and ...