Sela or Selah (sēˈlə) [key] [Heb., = rock], in the Bible, unidentified town, S of the Dead Sea. Amaziah captured it and renamed it Joktheel. Some identify Sela with Petra. Sela in the first chapter of Judges seems to be another rock.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sela from Fact Monster:
- Joktheel - Joktheel Joktheel . In the Bible, city of Edom. See also Sela.
- Petra - Petra Petra , ancient rock city, in present-day Jordan, known to the Arabs as Wadi Musa for the ...
- Mississippi - Information on Mississippi — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- Togo - Togo Profile: Geography, People, History, Economy, U.S.-Togolese Relations
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.