Toledo, University of, at Toledo, Ohio; coeducational; chartered 1872, opened 1875, and received its first municipal support in 1884. Its present name was adopted in 1940, and in 1967 the university was transferred to the state. In 2007 it added the Health Science Campus (formerly the Medical Univ. of Ohio). Research facilities include a polymer institute, an industrial systems center, and a center for the visual arts. The library has a special collection of Ezra Pound materials.