Branson, city (1990 pop. 3,706), Taney co., SW Mo.; inc. 1904. The primarily residential city's economy is based on tourism, especially to theaters offering live, often lavish country-music shows. With over 30 entertainment theaters, Branson draws millions of visitors annually. Other attractions include the Veterans Memorial Museum, the Roy Rogers–Dale Evans Museum, a scenic railroad, lakes, and caverns. Nearby is the College of the Ozarks.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Branson from Fact Monster:
- Richard Branson - Richard Branson entrepreneur, adventurer Born: 1950 Birthplace: Sharnley Green, Surrey, England ...
- Herman Russell Branson - Herman Russell Branson physicist Born: 1914 Birthplace: Pocahontas, Va. As chair of the Department ...
- Richard Branson - Biography of Richard Branson, Founder of the Virgin business empire
- Dale Evans - Biography of Dale Evans, Partner of singing cowboy Roy Rogers
- The Top Ten: Most Admired CEOs - December 17 - 24 Most Admired CEOs, 2005 Rank Name Company Country 1. Bill Gates Microsoft U.S. 2. ...