Camp LeJeune (ləzhōnˈ) [key], U.S. marine corps base, 82,969 acres (33,576 hectares), SE N.C., SE of Jacksonville; est. 1941. It is the major East Coast training center and support base for the Atlantic Fleet Marine Force.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Camp LeJeune from Fact Monster:
- Jacksonville - Jacksonville. Jacksonville. 1. City (1990 pop. 29,101), Pulaski co., central Ark., inc. 1941. The ...
- Camp Lejeune - Lejeune, Camp: Lejeune, Camp: see Jacksonville, N.C.
- Theresa Hayward Bell - Theresa Hayward Bell American Indian activist Born: 1952 Birthplace: Camp Lejeune, N.C. The ...
- Iraq War Timeline, 2009 - A timeline of the events of the Iraq War in 2009.
- Art Bell - Biography of Art Bell, Host of the eerie late-night radio show "Coast to Coast AM"