Catonsville (kāˈtənzvĭl) [key], uninc. city (1990 pop. 35,233), Baltimore co., N Md., a suburb of Baltimore. The town is known for the "Catonsville Nine," a group of opponents of the Vietnam War who destroyed draft records there in 1968 in protest against the conflict. The Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County, is in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Catonsville from Fact Monster:
- Berrigan brothers - Berrigan brothers Berrigan brothers , American Catholic priests, writers, and social activists. ...
- Isaac Whitbeck VAN SCHAICK - VAN SCHAICK, Isaac Whitbeck (1817—1901) VAN SCHAICK, Isaac Whitbeck, (uncle of Aaron Van ...
- Maryland: Government, Politics, and Higher Education - Government, Politics, and Higher Education Maryland is governed under a constitution adopted in ...
- Daniel Berrigan - Biography of Daniel Berrigan, The anti-war priest hunted by the FBI
- Philip Berrigan - Biography of Philip Berrigan, Blood-pouring, missile-hammering ex-priest