Depew, town (1990 pop. 17,673), Erie co., W central N.Y., a suburb of Buffalo; inc. 1894. Depew has diverse manufactures that include plastics, food products, machinery, apparel, furniture, and transportation equipment. Founded in 1892 as a village, it was named for Chauncey M. Depew, a railroad executive and later a U.S. senator.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Depew from Fact Monster:
- Chauncey Mitchell DEPEW - DEPEW, Chauncey Mitchell (1834—1928) Senate Years of Service: 1899-1911 Party: Republican ...
- Chauncey Mitchell Depew - Depew, Chauncey Mitchell Depew, Chauncey Mitchell , 1834–1928, American orator, politician, ...
- Hansel & Gretel - Starring Howie Mandel, Sinbad, Tom Arnold, Lynn Redgrave, Delta Burke
- Encyclopedia: U.S. Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning U.S. Political Geography.
- Encyclopedia: U.S. History: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning U.S. History: Biographies.