Edison, township (1990 pop. 88,680), Middlesex co., NE N.J., inc. 1870 as Raritan Township, renamed 1954. Edison's varied manufactures include light trucks, chemicals, metal products, electrical and electronic equipment, machinery, and instruments. Raritan Center is the largest industrial park east of the Mississippi. Menlo Park, the former site of Thomas A. Edison's laboratories, now is a residential community in the township.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Edison from Fact Monster:
- Thomas Alva Edison - Thomas Alva Edison Born: 1847 Birthplace: Milan, Ohio Electric lamp—Edison held 1,093 ...
- Time Tangled Island: Thomas Edison - Time Tangled Island Thomas Edison quiz and fast facts.|Factropica Fast Facts and quizzes
- February 11 Birthdays: Thomas Edison - February 11 birthdays: Thomas Edison, Eva Gabor, Joseph L. Mankiewicz, Sir Vivian Ernest Fuchs, Alexander H. Stephens, Lydia Child, Jennifer Aniston, Manuel Noriega, Burt Reynolds, Sheryl Crow, Farouk I
- Thomas Edison Quiz: 1 - Thomas Edison Quiz See how much you know about the prolific inventor Read more about Thomas Edison. ...
- Thomas Edison - Biography of Thomas Edison, The man who invented the light bulb