Elizabeth Islands, chain of small islands off Cape Cod that form the southern boundary of Buzzards Bay; SE Mass. Naushon is the largest island. Cuttyhunk Island was settled in 1641 and has a U.S. Coast Guard station. Most of the islands are privately owned.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Elizabeth Islands from Fact Monster:
- Queen Elizabeth Islands - Queen Elizabeth Islands Queen Elizabeth Islands, northern part of the Arctic Archipelago, Northwest ...
- Sverdrup Islands - Sverdrup Islands: Sverdrup Islands: see Queen Elizabeth Islands.
- Parry Islands - Parry Islands: Parry Islands: see Queen Elizabeth Islands, Canada.
- Bartholomew Gosnold - Gosnold, Bartholomew Gosnold, Bartholomew , fl. 1572–1607, English explorer and colonizer. In ...
- Arctic Archipelago - Arctic Archipelago Arctic Archipelago , group of more than 50 large islands, Northwest Territories ...