Findlay (fĭnˈlē, fĭndˈlē) [key], city (1990 pop. 35,703), seat of Hancock co., NW Ohio, on the Blanchard River; inc. 1887. Petroleum products, tires, washing machines, heavy machinery, and plastic goods are among its many manufactures. Gas and oil were discovered there in the 1880s, but by 1900 the supply had greatly diminished. In the Findlay Jeffersonian appeared (1861) the satiric antislavery letters of "Petroleum V. Nasby." The city is the home of Findlay College.