Indian River, lagoon, c.100 mi (160 km) long, E Fla., parallel to the east coast from N of Titusville to Stuart. Along the lagoon a variety of citrus and vegetable products are grown. The river's coasts have been marked by housing developments, especially for retired communities and for vacationers. Notable resort towns along the Indian's shores include Titusville, Vero Beach, Melbourne, and Ft. Pierce.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Indian River from Fact Monster:
- - Can't read file florida/indian-river-county/default.html
- Rockledge - Rockledge Rockledge, city (1990 pop. 16,023), Brevard co., E Fla., on Indian River (a lagoon). ...
- Vero Beach - Vero Beach Vero Beach , city (1990 pop. 17,350), seat of Indian River co., E Fla., on Indian River ...
- Cocoa, city, United States - Cocoa Cocoa, city (1990 pop. 17,722), Brevard co., E Fla., on the Indian River (a lagoon), a ...
- Titusville - Titusville Titusville , city (1990 pop. 39,394), seat of Brevard co., E Fla., on Indian River (a ...