Lock Haven, industrial city (1990 pop. 9,230), seat of Clinton co., N central Pa., on the West Branch of the Susquehanna River at the junction of Bald Eagle Creek, in an agricultural area; settled 1769, inc. as a city 1870. A lumber center in the 19th cent., the city has varied manufactures, including prefabricated housing, concrete, and paper. Lock Haven Univ. of Pennsylvania is there. The surrounding area is mountainous, with three nearby state parks.