Normal, town (1990 pop. 40,023), McLean co., central Ill.; inc. 1865. It is the center of a productive farming region. Motor vehicles are manufactured in Normal. The town originally grew around Illinois State Univ. (1857; formerly called Illinois State Normal Univ.), which remains a major contributor to its economy.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Normal from Fact Monster:
- concentration - concentration concentration, in chemistry, measure of the relative proportions of two or more ...
- normal school - normal school: normal school: see teacher training.
- teacher training - teacher training teacher training, professional preparation of teachers, usually through formal ...
- normality - normality normality, in chemistry: see concentration.
- Winter Olympics: Ski Jumping - Review of the Olympic event ski jumping