Oconee (ōkōˈnē) [key], river, 282 mi (454 km) long, rising in the Appalachian Mts., N Ga., and flowing SE to the Ocmulgee River to form the Altamaha River. Sinclair Dam (completed 1953) and Furman Shoals Dam (completed 1953) are on the Oconee.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Oconee from Fact Monster:
- - Can't read file georgia/oconee-county/default.html
- - Can't read file south-carolina/oconee-county/default.html
- Dublin, cities, United States - Dublin. Dublin. 1. Uninc. town (1990 pop. 23,229), Alameda co., W Calif., a growing suburb in the ...
- Ocmulgee - Ocmulgee Ocmulgee , river, c.255 mi (410 km) long, formed SE of Atlanta, NW Ga., by the confluence ...
- James Gresham BARRETT - BARRETT, James Gresham (1961—) BARRETT, James Gresham, a Representative from South Carolina; ...