Radford, city (1990 pop. 15,940), surrounded by but independent of Pulaski and Montgomery counties, SW Va., on the New River; settled 1756, inc. as a city 1892. Motors, iron castings, clothing and textiles, and paper products are among the city's manufactures. Radford Univ. is there. Jefferson National Forest and an army ammunition plant are nearby.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Radford from Fact Monster:
- William RADFORD - RADFORD, William (1814—1870) RADFORD, William, a Representative from New York; born in ...
- William Radford COYLE - COYLE, William Radford (1878—1962) COYLE, William Radford, a Representative from ...
- - Can't read file virginia/radford/social.html
- - Can't read file virginia/radford/housing.html
- - Can't read file virginia/radford/demographic.html