Rock Falls, city (1990 pop. 9,654), Whiteside co., NW Ill., on the Rock River opposite Sterling; inc. 1867. It is an industrial center in a farm region with corn, soybeans, cattle, and hogs. Electronic equipment, feeds, and plastics are manufactured.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Rock Falls from Fact Monster:
- Sterling - Sterling. Sterling. 1. City (1990 pop. 10,362), seat of Logan co., NE Colo., on the South Platte ...
- Shorts - Starring Jimmy Bennett, Kat Dennings, Trevor Gagnon, Rebel Rodriguez, Jake Short
- EROSION - The process that breaks up and carries away the rocks and soils that make up the Earth’s surface is called erosion. It is caused by flowing water, wav
- Tsunami FAQs From the International Tsunami Information Center - Tsunami FAQs From the International Tsunami Information Center What is a tsunami? The phenomenon we ...
- Encyclopedia: U.S. Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning U.S. Political Geography.