South Charleston, city (1990 pop. 13,645), Kanawha co., W W.Va., on the Kanawha River, in a highly industrialized area; settled 1782, inc. 1917. Machinery, electrical products, chemicals, transportation and dental equipment, and foods are manufactured. A large Native American mound is in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on South Charleston from Fact Monster:
- Leonard Sidney ECHOLS - ECHOLS, Leonard Sidney (1871—1946) ECHOLS, Leonard Sidney, a Representative from West ...
- William Chapman REVERCOMB - REVERCOMB, William Chapman (1895—1979) Senate Years of Service: 1943-1949; 1956-1959 Party: ...
- T.D. Jakes - Biography of T.D. Jakes, Pentecostal preacher who wrote "Woman, Thou Art Loosed"
- South Carolina - Information on South Carolina — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- April 2010 Current Events: Science/Disasters News - Current events in Science & Disasters for the month of April 2010, including the earthquake in Haiti and scientific discoveries.