Weatherford, city (1990 pop. 14,804), seat of Parker co., N central Tex.; inc. 1856. It is in a fertile region that yields horticultural crops, peanuts, pecan, and peaches; cattle and horses are raised. There is meat processing, and oil-field equipment and rubber and metal products are manufactured.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Weatherford from Fact Monster:
- William Weatherford - Weatherford, William Weatherford, William, c.1780–1824, Native American chief, b. present-day ...
- Zadoc Lorenzo WEATHERFORD - WEATHERFORD, Zadoc Lorenzo (1888—1983) WEATHERFORD, Zadoc Lorenzo, a Representative from ...
- Red Eagle - Red Eagle: Red Eagle: see Weatherford, William.
- American-Indian Biographies—A to Z - Biographies of notable American Indians
- Fort Mims - Fort Mims Fort Mims, temporary stockade near the confluence of the Tombigbee and Alabama rivers. It ...