Winooski, river, 90 mi (145 km) long, rising in NE Vermont and flowing southwest, then northwest, across the state, passing Montpelier and Waterbury and entering Lake Champlain near Burlington and Winooski. There are flood control and hydroelectric power projects on the river.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Winooski from Fact Monster:
- Montpelier, city, United States - Montpelier Montpelier , city (1990 pop. 8,247), state capital (since 1805) and seat of Washington ...
- Patrick Joseph LEAHY - LEAHY, Patrick Joseph (1940—) Senate Years of Service: 1975- Party: Democrat LEAHY, Patrick ...
- Ira Allen - Allen, Ira Allen, Ira, 1751–1814, political leader in early Vermont, b. Cornwall, Conn. He ...
- Vermont: Geography - Geography The forested Green Mts. constitute the dominant physiographic feature of Vermont. They ...
- Vermont - Information on Vermont — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.