Alexandretta, Turkey: see Iskenderun.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Alexandretta from Fact Monster:
- Iskenderun - Iskenderun Iskenderun , formerly Alexandretta, city (1990 pop. 156,198), S Turkey, on the Gulf of ...
- Hatay - Hatay Hatay , formerly sanjak of Alexandretta,province (1990 pop. 1,002,252), 2,141 sq mi (5,545 sq ...
- sanjak of Alexandretta - Alexandretta, sanjak of: Alexandretta, sanjak of: see Hatay, Turkey.
- Encyclopedia: Turkey Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Turkey Political Geography.
- Antioch, city, Turkey: History - History The city was founded c.300 B.C. by Seleucus I, king of Syria, and named for his father ...