Amol (ämōlˈ) [key], city (1991 pop. 139,923), Mazandaran prov., N Iran, near the Caspian Sea. It is a trade center for oranges, rice, iron, and coal.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Amol from Fact Monster:
- amole - amole: amole: see soap plant.
- soap plant - soap plant soap plant, any of various plants having cleansing properties. A few are of commercial ...
- Encyclopedia: Iranian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Iranian Political Geography.
- amaryllis - amaryllis amaryllis , common name for some members of the Amaryllidaceae, a family of mostly ...
- Encyclopedia: Plants - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Plants.