Andorra la Vella
Andorra la Vella (ăndôrˈə lä vĕlˈyä) [key] or Andorra, Span. Andorra la Vieja, Fr. Andorre-la-Vielle, city (2006 est. pop. 24,211), capital of Andorra, on the Valira River near its confluence with the Valira del Norte. It is Andorra's only city and its main center of commerce, trade, and manufacturing. Its products include processed tobacco, woolens and other textiles, furniture, processed foods, and beverages, but tourism, banking, and duty-free international trade are the economy's mainstays. The city is the site of the National Library and Archives and of several museums.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Andorra la Vella from Fact Monster:
- Andorra - Information on Andorra — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Andorra - Andorra Andorra , Fr. Andorre, officially Principality of Andorra, autonomous parliamentary ...
- WESTERN EUROPE - Many countries of Western Europe combine successful industry with abundant agriculture and a booming tourist trade. As a result, most people here enjo
- Area and Population of Countries - Area and Population of Countries (mid-2006 estimates) Country Capital Area (in sq mi) Population ...
- World Capitals - World Capitals Afghanistan Kabul, 2,206,300 Albania Tirana, 353,400 Algeria Algiers, 3,917,000 ...