Arendal (äˈrəndäl) [key], city (1995 pop. 38,695), capital of Aust-Agder co., SE Norway, a port on the Skagerrak. Manufactures include forest products and processed metal, food, and tobacco. Chartered in 1723, Arendal has had one of Norway's largest merchant fleets since 1880.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Arendal from Fact Monster:
- teacher training: Bibliography - Bibliography See M. L. Borrowman, The Liberal and Technical in Teacher Education (1956, repr. ...
- Aust-Agder - Aust-Agder Aust-Agder , county (1995 pop. 99,585), 3,610 sq mi (9,350 sq km), S Norway, bordering ...
- Christina Hendricks - Biography of Christina Hendricks, Joan the office manager on the TV series Mad Men
- John Foster DULLES - DULLES, John Foster (1888—1959) Senate Years of Service: 1949-1949 Party: Republican DULLES, ...
- Encyclopedia: Scandinavian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Scandinavian Political Geography.