Baja (bŏˈyŏ) [key], city (1991 est. pop. 38,867), S Hungary, on the Danube River. It is a river port and a road and rail hub, where agricultural products of the surrounding region are traded and processed. Industries produce machinery, furniture, and chemicals. A fine 18th-century town hall and several baroque churches are in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Baja from Fact Monster:
- Lower California - Lower California: Lower California: see Baja California.
- Lower California - California, Lower: California, Lower: see Baja California, peninsula.
- Alta California - Alta California Alta California , term used by the Spanish to refer to their possessions along the ...
- Los Cabos - Los Cabos Los Cabos, resort area centered on the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San José del ...
- Ensenada - Ensenada Ensenada , city (1990 pop. 259,979), Baja California state, NW Mexico. Developed in the ...