Bandar-e Anzali (bänˈdär-ā änˈzəlē) [key], city (1991 pop. 94,697), Gilan prov., NW Iran, a port on the Caspian Sea. It has fisheries and exports food products, cotton, fish, and caviar. The city was formerly known as Bandar-e Pahlavi.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bandar-e Anzali from Fact Monster:
- Enzeli - Enzeli: Enzeli: see Bandar-e Anzali, Iran.
- Rasht - Rasht Rasht or Resht, city (1991 pop. 340,637), capital of Gilan prov., NW Iran, near the Caspian ...
- Gilan - Gilan Gilan or Ghilan, province (1991 pop. 2,204,047), 14,709 sq mi (38,106 sq km), NW Iran, ...
- Pahlevi, town, Iran - Pahlevi Pahlevi, Iran: see Bandar-e Anzali.
- Encyclopedia: Iranian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Iranian Political Geography.