Bandar Seri Begawan
Bandar Seri Begawan (bänˈdär sĕrˈē bĕgäˈwän) [key], city (1991 est. pop. 46,229), capital and chief port of the sultanate of Brunei, of which it is also the business and commercial center. Its manufactures include furniture, textiles, handicrafts, and building materials. Petroleum and natural gas are processed there. It is the site of the Royal Ceremonial Hall and the Brunei History Center. It was formerly called Brunei.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bandar Seri Begawan from Fact Monster:
- Brunei - Information on Brunei — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Brunei - Brunei Brunei or Brunei Darussalam, officially State of Brunei Darussalam, sultanate (2005 est. ...
- Borneo: Land and People - Land and People The island largely consists of dense jungle and mountains, reaching its highest ...
- Encyclopedia: Malaysia and Singapore Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Malaysia and Singapore Political Geography.
- SOUTHEAST ASIA - Southeast Asia is made up of a large mainland peninsula, and a maritime area with 20,000 islands scattered through the Pacific and Indian Oceans. Much