Baraba Steppe (bərəbäˈ) [key], agricultural district, SW Siberian Russia, between the Ob and the Irtysh rivers. Barabinsk, on the Trans-Siberian RR, is the region's chief town. It was founded in the 19th cent.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Baraba Steppe from Fact Monster:
- Barabinsk - Barabinsk: Barabinsk: see Baraba Steppe.
- Chany - Chany Chany , saltwater lake, 1,280 sq mi (3,315 sq km), S Siberian Russia, in the Baraba Steppe, ...
- Novosibirsk - Novosibirsk Novosibirsk , city (1989 pop. 1,437,000), capital of Novosibirsk region and the ...
- Siberia: Geography - Geography Siberia's administrative units are the Altai, Buryat, Khakass, and Tuva republics, ...
- Encyclopedia: CIS and Baltic Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning CIS and Baltic Physical Geography.