Bled (blĕt) [key], town, NW Slovenia. Situated in the Julian Alps and on the small Lake of Bled, it is a popular summer and winter resort town. In the vicinity are a medieval castle, a former royal villa, and a church on an islet.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bled from Fact Monster:
- Rosamond, mistress of Henry II of England - Rosamond Rosamond (Rosamond Clifford), d. 1176, mistress of Henry II of England. She was not openly ...
- Alps: Economy - Economy Below the snowline is a treeless zone of alpine pastures that have for generations been ...
- stigmata - stigmata stigmata [plural of stigma, from Gr.,=brand], wounds or marks on a person resembling the ...
- Mark Rothko - Biography of Mark Rothko, Abstract expressionist painter of 1958's "Black on Maroon"
- William Holden - Biography of William Holden, The Oscar-winning star of Stalag 17