Bolsena (bōlsĕˈnä) [key], town (1991 pop. 4,064), Latium, central Italy, on picturesque Lake Bolsena, near the site of the second Volsinii. It is an agricultural and tourist center. Of note are an imposing castle (12th cent.) and the Church of Santa Cristina (11th–16th cent.).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bolsena from Fact Monster:
- Volsinii - Volsinii Volsinii , ancient city of Etruria, Italy, on the site of modern Orvieto. It was a ...
- Viterbo - Viterbo Viterbo , city (1991 pop. 58,380), capital of Viterbo prov., Latium, central Italy, near ...
- Raphael Santi: Mature Work - Mature Work At Rome his style matured, benefiting from Michelangelo's influence. In the ...
- April 6 Birthdays: Raphael Santi - April 6 birthdays: Raphael Santi, Andre Previn, Anthony Fokker, James Mill
- Encyclopedia: Italian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Italian Political Geography.