Bourget, lake, 16 sq mi (41 sq km), c.11 mi (18 km) long and 2 mi (3.2 km) wide, NE Savoie dept., E France. It is famous for its scenic beauty. Aix-les-Bains and other resorts are located on its shores. The celebrated abbey of Haute-Combe (founded 12th cent.; restored 19th cent.) is situated on the western shore.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Bourget from Fact Monster:
- Le Bourget - Bourget, Le Bourget, Le, town (1990 pop. 11,728), Seine–Saint-Denis dept., N central France. ...
- Paul Bourget - Bourget, Paul Bourget, Paul , 1852–1935, French novelist. His early novels were naturalistic, ...
- Aix-les-Bains - Aix-les-Bains Aix-les-Bains , town (1990 pop. 24,826), Savoie dept., SE France, situated on Lake ...
- Planes: The Spirit of St. Louis - All about the Spirit of St. Louis
- Encyclopedia: French and Benelux Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning French and Benelux Physical Geography.