Carmona (kärmōˈnä) [key], town (1990 pop. 24,515), Sevilla prov., SW Spain, in Andalusia. It is a farm center for an area raising cattle, cereals, fruits, and olives. Ferdinand III of Castile took Carmona from the Moors in 1247 after a year-long siege. It has numerous examples of Gothic, Moorish, and baroque architecture, including the imposing ruins of an alcazar. A large Roman necropolis was discovered nearby in 1881.