Coco, river, c.466 mi (750 km) long, rising in S Honduras and flowing E into Nicaragua and then NE to the Caribbean Sea. Part of the Mosquito Coast region, and once the object of dispute between Honduras and Nicaragua, the middle and lower course forms the boundary between the two countries. The Coco River was formerly known as the Segovia River.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Coco from Fact Monster:
- Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel - Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel Born: 1883 Chanel is considered the most significant designer of ...
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands - Map of Cocos (Keeling) Islands & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- Cocos Islands - Cocos Islands Cocos Islands or Keeling Islands,officially Territory of Cocos (Keeling) Islands, two ...
- Australian External Territories - Australian External Territories Norfolk Island (13.36 sq mi; 34.6 sq km) was placed under ...
- Keeling Islands - Keeling Islands: Keeling Islands: see Cocos Islands.