Conchos (kōnˈchōs) [key], river, c.350 mi (560 km) long, rising in S Chihuahua state, N Mexico, and flowing N and NE to the Rio Grande. Dams along its middle course provide water for extensive cotton oases just south of the city of Chihuahua.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Conchos from Fact Monster:
- - Can't read file texas/concho-county/default.html
- San Angelo - San Angelo San Angelo , city (1990 pop. 84,474), seat of Tom Green co., W Tex., where two forks ...
- Antonio de Espejo - Espejo, Antonio de Espejo, Antonio de , fl. 1582–83, Spanish explorer. In 1582 he was sent ...
- Chihuahua, state, Mexico - Chihuahua Chihuahua , state (1990 pop. 2,441,873), 94,831 sq mi (245,612 sq km), N Mexico, on the ...
- Colorado, river, United States - Colorado Colorado . 1. Great river of the SW United States, 1,450 mi (2,334 km) long, rising in the ...