Congo, Belgian: see Congo, Democratic Republic of the.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Belgian Congo from Fact Monster:
- Belgian Congo - Belgian Congo: Belgian Congo: see Congo, Democratic Republic of the.
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the - Information on Congo, Democratic Republic of the — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Mobutu Sese Seko - Mobutu Sese Seko Mobutu Sese Seko , 1930–97, president of Zaïre (now the Democratic ...
- Boma - Boma Boma , city (1984 pop. 197,617), Bas-Congo province, W Congo (Kinshasa), on the Congo River ...
- Andree de Jongh - Biography of Andree de Jongh, World War II legend who led 118 Allied soldiers down a treacherous 1,000 mile path from occupied Belgium to Gibralter. She eventually led 24…