Dartford, city (1991 pop. 62,032) and district, Kent, SE England, near London. Industries include flour milling and the manufacture of paper, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and cement. In 1355, Edward III founded an Augustinian convent there. The rebellion led by Wat Tyler started at Dartford in 1381.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dartford from Fact Monster:
- The Rolling Stones - The Rolling Stones rock band British rock band considered one of the most influential of all time. ...
- Keith Richards - Keith Richards musician, songwriter Born: 12/18/1943 Birthplace: Dartford, England As the lead ...
- Mick Jagger - Mick Jagger singer, songwriter Born: 7/26/1943 Birthplace: Dartford, Kent, England Lead singer of ...
- Mick Jagger - Biography of Mick Jagger, Lead singer for The Rolling Stones
- Keith Richards - Biography of Keith Richards, The weatherbeaten guitarist for the Rolling Stones