Dong Nai or Donnai (both: dôngˈnĪˈ) [key], river, c.300 mi (480 km) long, rising as the Da Dung in the mountains of S central Vietnam. It flows SW past Bien Hoa and joins with the Saigon River below Ho Chi Minh City to form an extensive delta on the South China Sea. There are rapids and waterfalls on its upper reaches.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dong Nai from Fact Monster:
- Song Dong Nai - Song Dong Nai: Song Dong Nai: see Dong Nai, river, Vietnam.
- Donnai - Donnai: Donnai: see Dong Nai, river, Vietnam.
- Cholon - Cholon Cholon , district and former city, since 1932 part of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; on the ...
- Encyclopedia: Southeast Asia Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Southeast Asia Physical Geography.
- Ho Chi Minh City - Ho Chi Minh City Ho Chi Minh City, formerly Saigon,city (1997 pop. 5,250,000), on the right bank of ...